Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow Day!

Today was our first snow day of the year. Well, they probably don't call them snow days here. Maybe they call them winter weather days. Anyway, I realize this picture is of the top of our garbage can, but by the time I went outside to take a picture all the ice was melted. School was canceled for ice and the roads really were slick. At first they had just delayed school for 2 hours, only to cancel the whole day later in the morning (good thing I checked back to find out for sure). However, for those farther up north and in the midwest, you'd probably be happy to have a "storm" like ours. What made the roads bad still by the time school would've started is the fact that they put sand on the roads instead of salt. If they would have salted the roads last night instead of sanded, I'm sure the roads would have been better for school. I was dreading having Treyton home all day, but Wade still had preschool (it is just a parent co-op) and so far at 2 pm things have been pretty peaceful.

0 comments: