Thursday, March 11, 2010

Our Garden

Last year we planted 2 tomato plants in a planter and only got flowers that wilted. Not one tomato. At Thanksgiving my dad gave us a topsy turvy. We bought one for strawberries (the red one) and another for tomatoes. One topsy turvy had regular big tomatoes and one had cherry tomatoes.
June update: I think our strawberries are about done giving us fruit. We only had a handful to eat. Hopefully next year we can do better. We've gotten several cherry tomatoes already and the plant has close to 20 growing. Our big tomato plant had 1 tomato for the longest time. It was only a day or two away from picking when I discovered something had beaten me to it. Our very expensive tomato was ruined. I ended up throwing it away because it was a free meal to some little creature. I was super sad, not to mention a very expensive little tomato. The little creature has now started on our cherry tomatoes too. Any ideas to keep it away (we are thinking squirrel)? On a happy note, our big tomato plant is now growing 1 more tomato. Guess it can only handle one at a time.

0 comments: