Her birthday was actually on Thanksgiving this year, but with all the activities of the day we decided to wait until Friday to celebrate. That's ok for now since she doesn't know the difference. However, my sister's 3 year old daughter does and kept asking all day Thursday and Friday when Celeste was going to open her presents. We finally managed to squeeze in presents right before bed after a busy day. Celeste was NOT that interested in opening presents and I was a little disappointed in her reaction.

Wade opened most of her presents for her.


She loved her new backpack so she can be just like her big brothers who have backpacks for school.

We ended the evening with birthday pie from Thanksgiving. I really didn't want to make any more treats than what we already had for Thanksgiving. I realized that Celeste was just way too tired to even enjoy her birthday. Mental note for next year, open presents earlier in the day.

Celeste has been pure joy and an absolute blessing to have in our family. She is silly and loves to be goofy. She is so completely different than her brothers. She has been an amazing sleeper since day 1. She cleans up and picks up way better than the boys ever did and do now. She is not afraid of heights or falling and is quite the daredevil. She gives sweet hugs and kisses, which have to be on the lips. She loves shoes and it's a bonus that she can put most shoes on by herself. She's beginning to be rather picky about what she wears, but thankfully is not dressing or undressing herself yet. A couple of weeks ago we tried potty training. After about a day, I realized that she showed signs of physical control over her bladder--like doing the potty dance. However, after about 5 days of potty training we went back to diapers. She has great control but for whatever reason just doesn't want to use the potty (neither big or little). I can lead her to the potty, but I can't make her go. For now we are back in diapers and hopefully she'll show more interest in actually using the toilet
soon. Happy Birthday my sweet baby.
0 comments:
Post a Comment