Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sept 2009

Not much happened in September this year and I took very few pictures. These pictures of Celeste are of her fire ant bites which actually happened at the end of August. You can see them on her forehead and right under her eye. She also had one on her lip.
You can see a bunch between her thumb and finger and one by her knuckle. Plus one more bite on her foot. This is what we think happened to her. We stopped at a gas station to let the kids go potty on our way home from Mississippi. Celeste had been eating goldfish and we think when we got her out of her car seat one goldfish must have fallen out onto the ground next to the van. There was an area next to the van that had wood chips and maybe remnants of flowers. We all went inside the gas station for maybe 15-20 minutes. I came out with all the kids while Shawn was still inside. I left Celeste in the wood chips while I opened the back to get out some cookies. All of a sudden I hear screaming from Celeste and run over to her to see ants on her face and chewed up goldfish in her mouth. We are assuming that she found the fallen goldfish (along with some fire ants) and put it in her mouth. Poor baby she has been bitten by fire ants numerous times this summer and she is one tough cookie. I got my first fire ant bite and it hurt.
On Labor Day we were invited by the Hunters to go swimming at a lake. We had no plans for Labor Day and so we jumped at the chance to go. We almost didn't get to go because we didn't know you have to pay and luckily between the Hunters spare change and ours we barely had enough. The kids had a blast!! The boys could touch until about half way out and they are pretty comfortable in the water when they can touch. Celeste loves the water and had so much fun! We'll definitely have to go back again (hopefully we can find it again).


0 comments: